$500 Million for New COVID Relief Grant for Small Business
The governor announced the creation of a $500 million COVID Relief Grant for small businesses that have been impacted by COVID and the health and safety restrictions. Funds will be awarded in amounts up to $25,000 to underserved micro- and small businesses throughout the state by early 2021. Nonprofits would also be eligible for these grants.
How to Apply
The California WBC network is your committed business partner and we’re standing by to help you apply for this grant opportunity. We’ll help you prepare for the application and ensure you have all the needed documentation to be successful in the process.
Lendistry is the state-contracted administrator of the program, which is funded by the State of California through the California Office of the Small Business Advocate.
Learn how to apply by watching this prerecorded webinar: https://youtu.be/zrkHXylJHpA
You can also join an upcoming Q&A session with our team, every weekday Jan. 5-11 at 2:30 p.m. Access it here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QlXDgGOCQYqVqcUQ1w92yQ
Our friends at the California SBDC network also have daily webinars offered at 11 a.m. through Jan. 4. Sign up here: bit.ly/38tKcPp
- Application opens Dec. 30, 2020 at 8:00 AM PST
- Application now closes Jan. 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST
- Approval notifications start Jan. 13, 2021
Applicants who submitted their application and submitted all documentation in the first round do not need to reapply; qualified applications will be automatically rolled over into the next funding round for consideration.
- Application Opens TBD
- Application Closes TBD
- Approval Notifications Start TBD
Round 2 is the final application window for the program. Grant awards for businesses in the second application window will be made in two decision rounds for funding.
Get your documentation in order to be prepared to apply when the application window opens.
1. Application certification: signed certification used to certify your business
2. Business financial information:
a. Most recent tax return filed (2019 or 2018) – provided in an electronic form for online upload, such as PDF/JPEG or other approved upload format.
b. Copy of official filing with the California Secretary of State, if applicable, or local municipality for the business such as one of the following: Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Organization, Fictitious Name of Registration, or Government-Issued Business License.
3. Government issued photo ID: such as a driver’s license or passport
- One complete application will qualify you to be considered for both rounds, please only apply once.
- Applying through multiple organizations will delay your application from being processed.
- Owners of multiple businesses, franchises, locations, etc. will be considered for only one grant and are required to apply for the business with the highest revenue.
The amount of grant funding ranges from $5,000 to $25,000. Businesses are eligible based on their annual revenue as documented in their most recent tax return:
|ELIGIBLE BUSINESS GROSS REVENUE||GRANT AWARD AVAILABLE PER BUSINESS|
|Annual gross revenue $1,000 to $100,000||$5,000 grant|
|Annual gross revenue greater than $100,000 up to $1,000,000||$15,000 grant|
|Annual gross revenue greater than $1,000,000 up to $2,500,000||$25,000 grant|